Ricotta Cookie Cake
Ricotta Cookie Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets Vanillina Powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- rainbow nonpareils for decorating
- Find the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE.
- To make the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the ricotta and beat until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure each one is fully incorporated after each addition.
- Sift the dry ingredients over the top and fold them into the batter using a rubber spatula until fully absorbed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. The glaze will be thick.
- Spread the glaze over the cake and decorate with rainbow nonpareils.