There is nothing like your own fresh baked Semolina Bread!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Bread:
- 2 pounds fine semolina flour
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Dissolve the yeast and salt in the water.
- On a large wood board make a well in the flour and pour the water with the yeast already dissolved.
- Add the oil to the water and mix the flour. Work it well until all the water has been absorbed by the flour.
- Continue to work the dough until it is fully firm. You may need to add a just a bit more water or flour depending on factors such as flour, humidity, etc.
- Cut a piece of dough and shape it into the form that you desire.
- Alternatively you can shape it into a traditional loaf design.
- Put some flour on a baking sheet and position your bread creations on it.
- Cover the bread with a white cloth and place it in a warm area to raise (about 90F for 1 hour)
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F and put a small container filled with water in the oven.
- Bake bread for 45 minutes. Less time if you shape the bread into small forms. Occasionally check on the color to see when it is golden and done.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Bread and Focaccia Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Bread Recipes, St. Joseph Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes