Stuffed Eggplant - Melenzane Ripiene
Stuffed Eggplant... a great Sunday meal alternative in Puglia.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 2 medium sized black eggplant
- 4 cups Marinara sauce (Recipe HERE)
- 2 cups Csliced potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut off the stem of the two eggplant. Cut the eggplants long way in the halves.
- With a small knife remove the pulp of the eggplant and leave just a bit more than 1/4 inch of the pulp attached to the skin. Place the skins in water to prevent oxidation.
- Cut the pulp in small cubes and saute` with 1/4 cup of EV olive oil, chopped garlic and a bit of salt. Saute` until the eggplant pulp is soft.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, bread crumbs, most of the cheese, parsley and the mint. Mix everything well.
- Add the sauteed eggplant pulp and mix well again.
- In a baking pan, add a layer of marinara sauce to completely cover the bottom.
- Place the sliced potatoes to completely cover the bottom. Sprinkle some parsley and EV olive oil.
- Dry the eggplant shells and position them over the bed of potatoes.
- Fill each shell with the stuffing as even as possible.
- Cover the stuffing of each eggplant with marinara sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the marinara sauce.
- Bake at 375F for one hour.
Crowd pleaser...delish and super easy! - saragoj
A couple tweaks to this amazing recipe - substitute rice for the bread crumb and add ground beef the...
See Full Review >> - Italogq79
This recipe for stuffed eggplant sounds delizioso! - mariepezzuto
I LOVED this recipe. Was even better the following day reheated. Next time I think I will bake it a ...
See Full Review >> - nycscribe10024
I love eggplant. Thank you for your show. I now can get all my the Italian recipes that I was lookin...
See Full Review >> - La Signora
I was told when I married my husband - 28 years ago, that his mother\'s Stuffed Eggplant was his fav...
See Full Review >> - cantarellik