Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers
Sweet mini peppers stuffed with a unique sausage filling. Perfect for appetizers or with a meal!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Peppers:
- 2 bags of tri colored sweet mini peppers
- 2 pounds sweet italian sausage
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 1/2 bags sunkist baking raisins
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pull stems off peppers, sliced down one side and clean out seeds
- Wash and set aside
- Brown sausage and drain
- In a bowl, add sausage (after sausage is cooled), granulated garlic, raisins, a few drizzles of olive oil
- parmesan/romano cheese and bread crumbs to taste.
- Mix the sausage mixture well and add cheese and breadcrumbs if needed.
- Stuff peppers with sausage mixture and place in single layer in a baking dish.
- Drizzle over the tops with olive oil and place in the oven on 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or more.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
Oven times may vary. Peppers should be a tad al dente, not mooshod (mushy)...but should be able to pick up and eat with fingers if desired. The raisins give these appetizers a great unique taste!