Mullet alla Livornese
Mullet alla Livornese, one of the best ways to enjoy this fish with firm white meat.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Mullet:
- 4 mullet
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh black pepper
- Clean all the Mullet by removing internal organs, scales and fins.
- In a saute pan add the olive oil, the garlic and the parsley. Let everything saute for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Mullet side by side at the bottom of the pan. Spread some of the sauce over the Mullet.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover the pan and let everything cook at low flame for about 15 minutes.